Back to list
Rhubarb & Custard Apple Crumble
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- splash of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 large ripe custard apples, segmented and de-seeded
- 2/3 cup oats
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans
- Lightly grease 4 x 1 cup capacity ramekins, or a medium baking dish
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Place pieces of rhubarb in a deep baking dish and sprinkle with caster sugar and splash with orange juice enough to wet all the rhubarb, with just little settling in the bottom of the dish.
- Bake rhubarb in medium oven (180 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Set aside to cool
- Combine oats, brown sugar and pecans in bowl and cut butter into very small pieces
- Place rhubarb in baking dish or divide between ramekins.
- Mix the custard apple flesh through the rhubarb
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the ramekins or dish and dot butter over the top.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with good quality vanilla ice-cream!