Back to list
Basic risotto by Geoff Jansz
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cloves garlic
- 100ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups risotto rice
- 250ml Chardonnay
- 1-1.2lt Chicken or vegetable stock
- 75g chilled diced butter
- 120g freshly grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan with lid, gently cook onion and garlic in olive oil, stirring for about 10 minutes without browning.
- Add rice, turn up heat and stir to cook for about 1 minute. The rice will look a little whitish on the outside and start to stick a little.
- Add in and evaporate off the wine.
- Gradually, ladle at a time, add hot stock, stirring and massaging the rice. Only add another ladle when the liquid is just about gone.
- When rice is al dente, fold through the last ladle and the flavour of choice, in our case, Mushroom Ragout and gently heat.
- Switch off heat, fold through butter and parmesan, place a lid on the pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Geoff loves to serve this risotto with his delicious mushroom ragout