Back to list
Tropical Calypso Tiramisu
- 4 medium Calypso mangoes, diced
- 250ml passionfruit pulp
- 250ml pineapple juice
- 500ml thickened cream
- 250g fresh marscapone cheese
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- finely grated rind of 1 fresh lime
- 250g sponge finger biscuits
- To make the Fruit mix, strain the passionfruit pulp into a bowl and keep the seeds and juice separately. Add the passionfruit seeds to the diced Calypso and stir to mix well.
- To make the Cream mix, beat the thickened cream, lime rind and icing sugar together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks. Fold through the mascarpone.
- To make the Juice mix, combine pineapple juice and passionfruit juice in another bowl. Soak half of the sponge fingers, one at a time, in the Juice mix.
- Take a shallow 2.5litre bowl or serving dish and arrange the first half of the soaked sponge fingers over the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of the Cream mix over the top of the sponge layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the Fruit mix over the top of the Cream layer.
- Soak the remaining sponge fingers in the Juice mix, one at a time and layer over the top of the Fruit mix.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 of the Cream mix over the top of the sponge layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the Fruit mix over the top of the Cream layer.
- Cover with stretch wrap and refrigerate for approx. 3 hours before serving.