Back to list
Warm Lamb Salad on Shepard Avocado Mint Couscous
- 1 C couscous
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 lemons - grated zest and juice
- 500g lean lamb fillets
- 2 Shepard avocados
- 1/4 C chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbs currants
- 1/4 C flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbs olive oil, extra
- Bring 275ml water to boil in a large saucepan. Add couscous & cover.
- Remove from heat and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and brush over the lamb fillets.
- Char-grill or barbeque, brushing with the oil and lemon until cooked as preferred. (medium- rare will be most tender)
- Cover with foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Dice avocados.
- When the couscous has absorbed all the liquid, gently fluff with a fork and fold in the diced avocado, mint, currents, almond, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon juice.
- Place on serving plates.
- Slice the lamb and arrange on top of couscous.
- Drizzle with the remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
- Garnish with mint leaves.