Back to list
Coriander chili corn cakes with Paradise Beach Jalapeno Hommus
- 1 tub Coriander chili corn cakes with jalapeno hommus
- 3 fresh corn cobs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1C self raising flour
- 1 tbs diced jalapeno chillies + a slice or two to garnish
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped, reserving a sprig or two for garnish
- 1 red capsicum, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1C water, or as required
- Slice corn from the corn cobs and place in a bowl with egg, salt, pepper, flour, jalapenos, half of the red onion, coriander and red capsicum. Stir in water until a thick pancake consistency has been achieved.
- Heat a frying pan and wipe with a little oil. Heat and pour in enough corncake mixture to make one corncake, cook until golden, remove and keep the corncake warm while you repeat the process four times.
- Combine the remaining red capsicum, coriander and onion in a bowl, then arrange on a serving dish beside the stack of corncakes garnished with coriander leaves, slices of jalapeno chilli and with Paradise Beach Purveyors Jalapeno Hommus on the side to add to each mouthwatering mouthful.