Back to list
Lamb & Rosemary Burgers
Serves: 4; Preparation Time: 45 minutes; Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tblsp finely chopped rosemary
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 2/3 (100g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bread rolls, relish and salad leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, capsicum and garlic. Stir well and cook for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally until tender. Add rosemary and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Mix the minced lamb, beaten egg yolk and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper to taste. Add the vegetable mixture, including juices from the pan. Mix well until combined. Divide into 8 equal parts.
- Using wet hands, mould into balls and then flatten into burgers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil grill plate or BBQ and preheat to medium-high.
- Cook burgers for 5-7 minutes each until cooked as desired.
- Serve in bread rolls with relish and salad leaves.