Back to list
Calypso Mango and Pistachio Praline Ice Cream Pudding
Serves: 10; Preparation Time: 30 minutes; Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 80 pistachio nuts shelled and roughly chopped
- 165g caster sugar
- 60ml water
- 2x375ml tins sweet condensed milk
- 50g coconut milk powder
- 600ml thickened cream
- 3 Calypso mangoes peeled, roughly chopped & 1 thinly sliced for garnish
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint
- To make the pistachio praline, lightly toast nuts in a hot oven.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Increase heat and boil, without stirring, until mixture is a caramel colour.
- Remove from heat and, when bubbles subside, carefully stir in the nuts.
- Pour onto a greased baking tray, cool, break into pieces and grind half the praline in a food processor.
- Break the remaining praline into large shards and reserve for garnish.
- Line a 2 litre pudding bowl with two layers of cling film leaving enough over hang on the top to fold back over to cover the ice cream.
- In a large bowl combine the condensed milk and cocnut milk powder.
- Then stir in the cream and chopped mango and pour into the lined pudding bowl.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours. Before serving, place the serving dish in the freezer for an hour.
- Undo the cling film from the top of the pudding bowl and dip the bowl into the kitchen sink filled with hot water for 20 seconds before inverting onto the chilled dish.
- Sprinkly the ice cream pudding with the ground praline and then decorate with mango slices, rasperberries, praline shards and mint.