Back to list
Serves: 6; Preparation Time: 10 minutes; Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry
- 125g Raw materials Spice Onion Confit
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g Rizzoli anchovies in EVOO, sliced in half length ways
- pitted manzanillo olives
- fresh cracked black pepper
- milk or egg to glaze
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Place a flat baking sheet into the hot oven to heat up- thus ensuring a crispy base!
- Place the sheet of puff pastry on a large sheet of baking paper. With a blunt knife, score a 1.5cm border around the puff pastry.
- Spread the spiced onion confit within the border, break up the sprigs of thyme and garnish. Place the anchovies in a crisscross pattern so that diamonds are formed - place an olive inside each diamond, season with pepper.
- Brush the pastry border with the milk or egg glaze.
- Place the Pissaladiere on the now hot baking tray. Bake in the oven on the top shelf for 15-20 minutes - for best results turn the tray around after 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a cake rack before cutting up and serve with a dressed green salad.
- Bon Appetit!