Back to list
Saskia's Black Pig Scallopine with lemon, capers & parsley
- 1 piece Black Pig Pork loin
- 50g unsalted butter
- 30g baby capers (in salt preferably)
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 C plain flour
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Trim the skin off your pork loin - leaving a small layer of fat (how much is up to you). Cut the skin into pieces - toss in a bit of salt and pepper and put into a low oven (approx. 160 degrees) to become crackling.
- Zest your lemon, and then juice the lemon. Roughly chop parsley and garlic. Rinse capers
- Slice the pork loin into 1.5cm steaks - you can either leave them like this - or flatten them a little using a mallet. Season your flour with salt and pepper to taste- then dust the pork loin through the flour.
- Pre heat a fry pan to a moderate heat - and place a knob of butter in with a dash of olive oil. Wait for the butter to brown very slightly then place your pork loin in the pan and cook for approx. 1 minute each side.
- Remove The Black Pig loin from the pan - then add a little more butter and oil - then the lemon zest, capers and garlic.
- Let sizzle for a minute - then finish with a bit of lemon juice and the chopped parsley - pour over your scallopine and serve immediately.