Chef's SecretRecipe courtesy of Lou's Kitchen Table
Try packing into Chinese noodle boxes for a picnic. Perfect served cold. Tofu is optional- it adds texture & bulk.
Back to list
Thai Chicken Salad on Cos Leaves
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tsp finely grated ginger
- 3cm piece lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 carrot, julienned
- 6 snow peas, julienned
- 1/4 C toasted moist flaked coconut
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g fried tofu, finely sliced
- 3 baby cos lettuce or 2 pkts witlof
- On medium heat in a large fry pan, heat the oil and cook the chicken mince, garlic, ginger and lemon grass.
- When brown, remove from the heat and add half of the kaffir lime leaves. Break up any lumps of chicken. Put aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Just before serving add all the remaining ingredients, the dressing and mix until well combined.
- Serve on baby cos lettuce or witlof.
- This will feed 4 if served as a salad or 12 on cos lettuce leaves as finger food.